Title: Mobile Applications SME
Trimble Cityworks is currently hiring for a Mobile Applications Subject Matter Expert. This role will play a central part in carrying forward the vision and strategy of the Cityworks platform and native apps by working with a committed team and collaborating across all business groups. This position will give you the opportunity to develop and execute mobile and platform initiatives, focused on the product lifecycle for the Cityworks web services, APIs, web hooks, Cityworks Native Apps and other mobile technologies, consistent with business strategies.
You will serve as the product team-member working on the day-to-day design, vision and coordination for development of the platform and mobile applications. This role will be responsible for development backlog creation, backlog prioritization, story writing and acceptance and delivering business value from platform and mobile app features and improvements.
This role will also serve as a team and company resource in the areas of customer engagement, marketing, technical support, sales and documentation.
The Industry Practices team leads the strategy and design of applications within the Cityworks portfolio. The team focuses on meeting customer needs by deepening customer engagement and promoting product growth by leading the development of solutions for customer applications and emerging technologies.
What Will You Do?
- Collaborate regularly with other Subject Matter Experts and Product Owners within the Industry Practices group.
- You will be responsible for identifying development priorities to further extend functionality within the Cityworks platform and native apps, creation of design documents and working closely with the development team to implement.
- Assist staff in the Cityworks documentation department with testing, reviewing and creating documentation, white paper, knowledge base articles and training documents.
- Provide guidance on best practices for implementation of industry technology in coordination with Cityworks products.
- Prepare and present high-quality business and technically-related documentation
- Plan and participate in internal education webinars and external marketing webinars
- Perform research to understand our customers and competitors through customer interviews, surveys, and competitive analyses
What You Have:
- 5+ years’ experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online) and/or Cityworks platform
- Strong technical know-how, especially in GIS and work management, and hands-on experience
- Knowledge of Web API’s and Web Hooks
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, multi-tasking, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s in computer information systems, computer science, GIS, engineering, or related field
- Understanding of mobility and mobile apps
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Knowledge with software engineering and/or robust application development principles and practices
- Experience in the design, development, implementation, and/or administration of Cityworks solutions or equivalent technology
- Industry knowledge and experience (e.g., local government, utilities, public works, transportation)
- Able to define and communicate consumer-centric business requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
Trimble provides the following compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that it in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position. This compensation range is based on a full time schedule. Trimble reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
85400 – 140900
Trimble offers comprehensive core benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Time off plans and retirement plans. Most of our businesses also offer tax savings plans for health, dependent care and commuter expenses as well as Paid Parental Leave and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D