Job Title: Partner Account Manager
Location: Remote, Sandy, UT; DeSoto, TX; or West Bend, WI
Division: Trimble Geospatial – Cityworks
Cityworks, a Trimble company, streamlines the way government agencies and utilities manage infrastructure and property by combining the power and flexibility of Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping technology with the business logic of asset management, permitting, licensing and more. Cityworks helps customers manage workflow, schedule resources and prioritize activities, saving time, optimizing communication and improving operational efficiency. Time-tested and proven technology, Cityworks is empowering GIS for improved asset management at more than 700 organizations around the world.
Are you up to the challenge of being in a highly visible role, where you’ll function as both a technical and strategic business consultant? We’re looking for someone with strong technical know-how, especially in asset management and/or GIS, who also has a high level of business acumen, hands-on experience, and collaborative skills. You’ll use these skills to help both new and seasoned partners develop best practices for implementing our platform and developing integrations to realize their vision and drive toward their organization’s goals. You’ll become a partner’s trusted advisor at Cityworks, while also interfacing with Cityworks staff and other technology partners.
- The successful candidate will support Cityworks’ initiative to develop and maintain strategies with current and high potential business partners.
- This position roles up to the VP of Enterprise Solutions and Corporate Partnerships and will report on an ongoing basis to communicate all relevant matters pertaining to business partners, targeting and recruitment, technical planning, sales, marketing and customer service issues and opportunities.
- This role will work closely with the Partner Team Program Coordinator and Technical Enablement Specialist, as well as other company resources, to fully manage the partner relationships.
- Market focus in municipal and local government, public works, utility districts, transportation, and related segments, including community development.
- Responsible for strategic partner engagement – functioning as both a technical and strategic business consultant in helping them find greater value with their Cityworks Partnership and meeting our clients’ needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of partner products, services and related information.
- Understand the vision and drivers for how Cityworks, Trimble, and Esri technology integrates/interfaces with partners’ solutions to help streamline client workflows.
- Plan and participate in annual partner technical planning meetings, prepare and present high-quality business and technically-related documentation – presentations, documents, spreadsheets, etc.
- Prevent issues before they arise with proactive planning, regularly scheduled check-ins, on-site visits, and continual adjustment of goals and work activities with the partner.
- Collaborate internally to help partner organizations align their technical objectives and business goals with Cityworks, Trimble, and Esri technology platforms.
- Act as a trusted advisor and advocate for partner; with guidance and support of Partner Technical Enablement Specialist, provide proactive advice on relevant technology strategies, architectures, best practices, product selection, and release planning.
- Develop and execute Partner Work Plans based on strategic planning and on-going discussions – working as the point person on activities laid out in the plan.
- Assist with product information inquiries, and benchmark requirements with a sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Maintain records of interactions and activities with internal and external groups, recording details of inquiries, comments, as well as actions taken.
- Coordinate with the Cityworks Customer Success Team to maintain a current and accurate ‘hot list’ of customers working with partners requiring special attention to ensure payment, customer retention, and contract renewal. General Responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external personnel at all levels representing the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Participate co-operatively as an employee within the company.
- Actively participate in company, staff or individual one-on-one meeting on an ongoing basis for the purposes of effective teamwork, enhanced communication and progressive co-operation strategies within all departments across the company.
- Conduct any general duties, specific projects and responsibilities as assigned or required in a timely and professional manner.
Skills, Abilities & Experience Preferred
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online) and/or Cityworks platform.
- 3+ years of project management and/or technical management experience.
- 4+ years of experience evaluating and translating a customer’s or partner’s business objectives and strategies into strategic plans and solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate and translate a customer’s business goals, objectives, and strategies into technical plans and solutions.
- Strong technical know-how, especially in asset management and GIS, and hands-on experience.
- Have an understanding of sound business principles and strategies as well as a high level of business acumen.
- Be self-motivated, a proactive problem solver, team-oriented, creative, and have collaborative skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, managing multiple priorities, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s in computer information systems, computer science, geography, GIS, engineering, or related field (master’s preferred).
- A high level of ethics, professionalism, and confidence.
- Excellent customer service skills with a can-do attitude and an extremely strong drive.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to conduct product demonstrations.
- Excellent time management, presentation, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize work while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Eagerness to learn areas such as industry knowledge, Trimble and Esri solutions, and corporate processes.
- Technical aptitude needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Leadership: ability to motivate and coach peers by example.
- Customer focused; ability to manage both internal and external clients.
- Strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Initiative and follow-through ability.
- Ability to develop procedures for improvement.
- Bilingual is an asset.
- Ability to think and act strategically as well as tactically.
- Self-starter with a strong need for achievement.
- Enjoys the challenge of being a significant part of a growing, developing organization.
- Effective time management, decision making, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities.
Preferred Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Knowledge and experience with software engineering and/or robust application development principles and practices.
- Experience in the design, development, implementation, and/or administration of Cityworks solutions or equivalent technology.
- Industry knowledge and experience (e.g., local government, utilities, public works, transportation).
- Commensurate with experience
- Company benefit package includes 401K, health, life, dental insurance
- Up to 50%
Information to Review:
The following links are recommended in order to better your understanding of Trimble, and the products available within this particular division.
Videos to Review:
- Trimble: Innovation at its best
- Trimble: A History of Outstanding Innovations
- Trimble Geospatial
- Cityworks – YouTube
Additional Cityworks Information
Cityworks is a leading provider of enterprise asset management (EAM) software for utilities and local government. Cityworks’ solutions address the global challenges associated with maintaining and replacing aging utility, transportation, and public assets and infrastructure.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and se vices are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D