Terms of Service
Effective Date: June 4, 2019
1. LICENSE GRANT
These Terms provide to you a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to use the Services conditioned upon your continued compliance with these Terms. Azteca reserves all rights not granted in these Terms.
2. YOUR CONTENT & YOUR PERMISSIONS
When you use our Services, you may provide us with things like your files, content, messages, etc. (“Your Content”). Your Content is yours. You represent that you have all necessary right, power, and authority to use the Services and share Your Content and will comply with all applicable laws when doing so. These Terms don’t give us any rights to Your Content except for the limited rights that enable us to offer the Services. We need your permission to do things like host Your Content, back it up, or share it when you ask us to. This permission extends to our trusted third parties we work with. You therefore give us, and third parties (with whom we work) permission to use, display, host, share, and back up Your Content. By submitting Your Content, you also permit us to identify you by your username and as the contributor of Your Content.
3. ACCEPTABLE USE GUIDELINES
By using the Services, you agree to do so responsibly and to not misuse the Services or help anyone else do so. This includes, but is not limited to, not doing or trying to do any of the following in connection with the Services:
• store, transmit or create libelous, obscene, deceptive, defamatory, pornographic, racist, sexual, hateful, unlawful, tortious or otherwise objectionable content (except as necessary for legitimate purposes, but in all cases in compliance with applicable laws and regulations);
• modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Services except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law;
• harm, harass, threaten, or impersonate any person or violate the rights of any third party;
• probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
• interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Services;
• attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or its related systems or networks;
• introduce viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, or other such malicious code into the Services;
• breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
• access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Services, or shared areas of the Services you haven’t been invited to;
• access, search, or create accounts for the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk);
• send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
• send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
• promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization;
• sell or re-sell the Services unless specifically authorized to do so;
• copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit in any form or by any means any part of the Services unless specifically authorized to do so;
• remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in the Services; or
• violate the law in any way, including by storing, publishing or sharing material that is infringing, fraudulent, defamatory, misleading, or damaging to Azteca in any way.
4. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
You are responsible for providing all equipment necessary to access the Services and are responsible for all fees incurred when accessing the Services. Additionally, you’re responsible for your conduct and Your Content and your compliance with these Terms. Content in the Services may be protected by others’ intellectual property rights. You therefore agree that you won’t copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, decompile, upload, download, share, or otherwise exploit third party content unless you have the right to do so. We may review your conduct and content for compliance with these Terms and remove content from the Services at any time and without notice. With that said, we have no obligation to do so. We aren’t responsible for the content people post and share via the Services. You agree also to safeguard your password to the Services, make sure that others don’t have access to it, and keep your account information current.
5. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
The Services may contain links to third-party websites that are not under our control. We are not responsible for such third-party websites.
6. OUR PROPERTY
The Services are either owned or licensed by us and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other US and foreign laws. These Terms don’t grant you any right, title, or interest in the Services or others’ content in the Services. We welcome feedback but note that we may use comments or suggestions without any obligation to you.
We respect the intellectual property of others and ask that you do too. We respond to notices of alleged infringement after receipt of a proper notice that complies with the law and is received by our designated agent. We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing and terminate accounts of repeat infringers. If you believe that any content in the Services in a way that constitutes infringement, please provide our designated agent with the following information:
A. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner;
B. a description of the content you claim is being infringed;
C. a description or link to the location of the material claim is infringing;
D. your physical address, telephone number and e-mail address;
E. a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content is not authorized by the rights owner, its agent or the law;
F. a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Contact information for Azteca’s designated agent for notice of claims of infringement is as follows: email@example.com. Azteca may also take any appropriate action in the event it receives a proper counter-notice under the law.
8. TERMINATION & RIGHT TO SUSPEND
You’re free to stop using our Services at any time. We also reserve the right to suspend or end the Services at any time at our discretion and without notice. For example, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services and remove Your Content if you’re not complying with these Terms or using the Services in a manner that may cause us legal liability, disrupt the Services, disrupt others’ use of the Services or, in our sole opinion, reason, cause harm. All provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should survive, will survive termination of the Services.
9. SERVICES “AS IS”
AZTECA AND ITS PARTNERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” IN ADDITION, WE DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR ACCESSED FROM THE SERVICES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY ABSOLVE AND RELEASE AZTECA FROM ANY CLAIM OF HARM RESULTING FROM A CAUSE BEYOND AZTECA’S CONTROL. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL AZTECA AND ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN DIRECT DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF USE, DATA BUSINESS, OR PROFITS. THIS WILL BE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT AZTECA OR ANY OF ITS PARTNERS HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ADDITIONALLY, AZTECA AND ITS SUPPLIERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN ANY AMOUNTS RECEIVED BY AZTECA FROM YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR PERSONAL USE OF THE SERVICES IN THE 12 MONTHS PRECEDING YOUR CLAIM. IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID INDIVIDUALLY ANY AMOUNTS IN THE 12 MONTHS PRECEDING YOUR CLAIM, AZTECA’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY SHALL BE NO MORE THAN $50. MOREOVER, AZTECA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE LOSS OR FAILURE TO STORE YOUR CONTENT, AND YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION RELATED TO USE OF THE SERVICES OR BREACH OF THESE TERMS.
11. CONTROLLING LAW
These Terms and your use of the Services will be interpreted, governed and construed by the laws of Utah law except for its conflicts of laws principles, unless otherwise agreed in a separate written agreement with Azteca or as required by a mandatory law of a competent jurisdiction.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms set forth terms governing your use of the Services and supersede and replace any other prior or contemporaneous agreements applicable to the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms create no third-party beneficiary rights. These Terms shall inure to the benefit of Azteca and its respective legal representatives, successors, and assigns.
13. WAIVER, SEVERABILITY & ASSIGNMENT
Our failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any such attempt will be void. We may assign our rights to any of our affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
We may revise these Terms from time to time and will always post the most current version at www.cityworks.com. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will notify you via the Services and/or by email to the address associated with your account. By continuing to use or access the Services after the revisions come into effect, you agree to be bound by and subject to the revised Terms.
For any notices relating to these Terms, you may contact Azteca by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.